- 17.7% - All India TV network share
- 93.2mn – ZEE5 Global MAUs in Q2FY22
- 186 minutes – Average watch time of ZEE5 viewer per month
- 14.9% - YoY total revenue growth
- 20.1% - YoY domestic ad growth
- 20.8% - EBITDA margin for the quarter with EBITDA of Rs. 4121mn
Network share up by 70 bps on the back of new launches across all markets. New channels contribute 1.2% of viewership share.
Total TV viewership down during the quarter due to lower contribution by News & Movies.
Bengali, Kannada & Telugu continue strong performance
Zee TV, Zee Marathi and Zee Tamil performance was soft during the quarter
Big bang launches planned across markets in Q3 to continue upward momentum in network share
ZEE5: Gaining momentum backed by an extensive content catalogue
- 93.2mn global MAUs, 9.3mn global DAUs in Sep'21
- 186 minutes average watch time per viewer per month in Q2
- Q2 Revenues stood at Rs.1,305mn, up 17% sequentially; EBITDA*at Rs. (1,720mn)
- 13 original shows and movies released during the quarter
Zee Studios: Strong slate of movies ready for release in H2FY22
- Punjabi languages being planned for release in H2FY22
- Opening of cinemas across the country to boost prospects of theatrical revenue in second half of the fiscal
Zee Music Company:
60%+ YoY growth in YouTube video views, highlighting strength of ZMC music catalogue and library
ZMC added ~1mn subscribers on YouTube in Q2; with 78mn+ subscribers it is the second most subscribed Indian music channel on YouTube
Ad Sales bounced back in Q2; up 20.7% YoY, Margin for the quarter at 20.8%
QoQ EBITDA grew by 19.8% on the back of Ad revenue recovery
Domestic Ad revenues grew both YoY & QoQby 20.1% % & 18.9% respectively, while revenue grew but Q2 continued to be partially impacted by Covid in first half of the quarter
Subscription revenues down marginally by 1.5% YoY, Delay in NTO 2.0 implementation continue to impact pricing. The new implementation timeline for NTO 2.0 implementation is April 01, 2022.
Other Sales & Services Revenue - Increase is on account of a movie syndication deal
Programming cost increased QoQ& YoY due to new launches across all the markets
Increase in marketing cost on a YoY basis is on account of new launches and continued investments in ZEE5.
International Revenue Break-Up - Advertising revenue: Rs. 487mn, Subscription revenue: Rs. 878mn, Other Sales & Services: Rs. 135mn
Report By: Corporate Communications